WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING PLUMBING EXPERTS
Looking For A Drain Cleaning Contractor In Toronto?
Most people are familiar with the typical clogs you can see around the home – flushing too much toilet paper, having excess food in the kitchen sink or hair clogging the bathtub drain. Clogged drains are a nuisance – unwanted materials taking up residence in your pipes. These issues are a gradual build-up, meaning this pesky drainage becomes durable and grows into tough blocks.
A healthy drain will empty in just seconds. The worse it becomes, the longer it’ll take to clear fluids. If you wait until the pipe is completely blocked, you could suffer from more damage, thereby costing more to fix. A clogged drain can happen at any time for many different reasons. The blockage can be caused by excess debris, roots, foreign objects or structural problems in your home’s pipes. Such situations make it difficult if not impossible to perform daily activities like bathing and washing dishes.
Over-the-counter drain cleaners are not environmentally-friendly. They’re also often corrosive and dangerous to keep around the house if you have children or pets. Professional plumbers will often employ clean ways to keep your drains clean and clear.
Professional Drain Cleaning Services
After a proper assessment and diagnosis of your problem, our team members will determine the best solution to solve the issue. The job may require a simple drain snake, rooter machine or even our water jetter. Our drain cleaning staff will provide you with a fast fix and share tips with you to prevent future clogs.
Signs of Drain Problems
A drain problem can be a minor inconvenience or a major disaster, depending on how severe it is and how long it is ignored. Here are some common signs that indicate you have a drain problem and need to call a drain cleaning contractor in Toronto:
- Slow Drainage: If your sink, tub, shower, or toilet takes longer than usual or doesn’t drain, you have a clog somewhere in your drain line. Slow drainage can be caused by a buildup of hair, grease, food, soap, or other debris restricting water flow.
- Gurgling Noises: The drain may make gurgling or bubbling sounds, which means air is trapped in your drain line due to a partial or complete blockage. This can also cause water to back into your sink, tub, shower, or toilet or overflow onto your floor.
- Foul Odours: If you smell a foul or rotten odour coming from your drain, something may be decomposing in your drain line, such as food, organic matter, or sewage. Decomposing elements can also attract pests and bacteria, creating a health hazard for you and your family.
- Water Backups: If you notice water coming back up from your drain or another drain in your home, you have a serious clog in your main sewer line. Tree roots, foreign objects, or structural damage to your pipes can cause this. This debris can also cause sewage to back into your home, which is dangerous and unpleasant.
If you notice any of these signs, call a drain cleaning contractor in Toronto as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more damage it can cause to your plumbing system and property.
At Morrison Plumbing, our team of plumbing experts can quickly clear your drain clog and restore your drain function without the added stress, damage, or increased cost.
Our Drain Cleaning Services
At Morrison Plumbing & Mechanical, we provide a variety of drain cleaning services, including:
- Hydro Jetting: Hydro jetting uses water at a high pressure to wash away clogs and debris from your drain line, clearing it. It is one of the most effective and thorough drain cleaning methods, as it can remove even the toughest clogs, such as tree roots, grease, and scale. Additionally, hydro jetting cleans the inside of your pipes, improving your water flow and preventing future clogs. We use state-of-the-art hydro jetting equipment that can handle any drain size and condition.
- Snaking and Augering: Snaking and augering use specialized tools to remove blockages from your drain line. A snake is a flexible metal cable that can bend and twist through your pipes, while an auger is a drill-like device that can cut through hard clogs. Snaking and augering are ideal for smaller or softer clogs, such as hair, paper, or food. We have various snaking and augering tools that fit any drain type and diameter.
- Camera Inspection: Camera inspection is a technology that uses a waterproof camera attached to a cable to inspect the inside of your drain line. It allows us to see the exact cause and location of your drain problem and the condition of your pipes. We use high-definition cameras that capture clear and detailed pictures of your drain line to ensure we can most accurately diagnose your drain problem and choose the best solution.
- For more information on Sewer Camera Inspection please visit our dedicated page or reach out to one of our plumbing experts.
- Trenchless Pipe Repair: Trenchless pipe repair is a process that allows us to repair or replace your pipes that are broken or damaged without having to dig up your grass or driveway. It involves creating small access holes at both ends of the pipe and inserting a new pipe or a pipe liner through the old pipe. Trenchless pipe repair is faster, cheaper, and less disruptive than traditional pipe repair methods. It also preserves the integrity of your landscape and property. There are 2 types of trenchless pipe repair: pipe bursting and pipe lining.
- Backwater Valve Installation: Sewer backups can cause sewer water to flow into your home, but a backwater valve prevents that. It is installed on your main sewer line, allowing water to flow only in one direction. By blocking sewer water from flowing into your home, a backwater valve can save your home from contamination, damage, and flooding. It can also save you money on insurance and repairs.
At Morrison Plumbing & Mechanical, we offer drain cleaning services for all residential and commercial properties. No matter what type of drain you have, we can clean it. We can handle kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks, bathtubs, showers, toilets, floor drains, storm drains, sewer lines, and more.
Areas We Service
Our service area for residential and commercial drain cleaning services is from Toronto 427 to the beaches south of Sheppard.
If you are not sure if you are in our service area, please contact us directly by filling out our contact form or calling us directly.
Questions Our Customers Often Ask About Drain Cleaning
Our expert team is always here to answer any questions you may have about drain cleaning in Toronto. Here are some of the most common questions we receive from clients, along with our expert advice.
Many factors can lead to drain clogs, including:
- Hair, soap, and skin flakes that accumulate in bathroom drains
- Grease, oil, and food scraps that stick to kitchen drains
- Paper products, sanitary products, and wipes that don’t dissolve in toilet drains
- Tree roots, leaves, and dirt that invade outdoor drains
- Foreign objects, such as toys, jewelry, or clothing that get flushed or dropped into drains
- Structural problems, such as cracks, corrosion, or misalignment of pipes
Drain problems can often be prevented or minimized with proper drain maintenance and preventative measures. Some of the tips for preventing drain problems in Toronto are:
- Use drain strainers or covers to catch hair, food, and other debris before they enter your drain
- Grease, oil, and fat belong in the garbage, not the sink. The only things you should flush down the toilet are toilet paper and human waste.
- Run hot water down your drain after each use to help dissolve any residue
- Use baking soda monthly to keep your drain clean or vinegar as an alternative
- Schedule regular drain maintenance and inspection by a professional drain-cleaning contractor
The cost of drain cleaning in Toronto depends on several factors, including:
- The type and severity of the clog
- The location and accessibility of the drain
- The method and equipment used to clear the clog
- The time and labour required to complete the job
- The company you hire and their pricing policy
For simple drain cleaning, the average drain cleaning cost in Toronto ranges from $250 to $750. This estimate is only an approximation, and the real cost often changes based on your situation. At Morrison Plumbing, our rates begin at $220.
For more serious drain problems, drain cleaning that requires sewer camera inspection, and trenchless pipe repair, backwater valve installation, will cost more due to the complexity of the clog. These price can range anywhere from $500 to $6,000, or more.
To get a free estimate on our drain cleaning services, contact Morrison Plumbing & Mechanical today by filling out a contact form or calling us directly!
If you need a drain cleaning contractor in Toronto & GTA, Morrison Plumbing & Mechanical are your experts and go-to plumbers in Toronto! Whether you have a home or a business, we offer a drain cleaning service that is fast, reliable, and affordable. Don’t let a clog durian ruin your day. Do it once, do it right. Call Morrison Plumbing & Mechanical!